When they poured across the border
I was cautioned to surrender
This I could not do
I took my gun and vanished.
No one asks me when I'm going
No one asks me what I'm doing
Comrade, you who know
Oh, you must keep my secret.
I have changed my name so often
I've lost my wife and children
But I have many friends
And some of them are with me
An old woman gave us shelter
Kept us hidden in the garret
Then the soldiers came
She died without a whisper.
There were three of us this morning
I'm the only one this evening
But I must go on
The frontiers are my prison.
Oh, the wind, the wind is blowing
Through the graves the wind is blowing
Freedom soon will come
Then we'll come from the shadows.
She Used to Wanna Be a Ballerina
All songs composed by Buffy Sainte-Marie unless otherwise indicated.
1. "Rollin' Mill Man" (Gerry Goffin, Russ Titelman) - 2:18
2. "Smack Water Jack" (Gerry Goffin, Carole King) - 3:21
3. "Sweet September Morning" - 2:53
4. "She Used to Wanna Be a Ballerina" - 2:17
5. "Bells" - (Leonard Cohen) - 4:37
6. "Helpless" (Neil Young) - 3:11
7. "Moratorium" - 4:14
8. "The Surfer" - (Buffy Sainte-Marie, Ariel Gonzales, Carlos Pardeiro) - 2:38
9. "Song of the French Partisan" (Anna Marly, Hy Zaret) - 3:16
10. "Soldier Blue" - 3:21
11. "Now You've Been Gone for a Long Time" - 2:53
LINK TO BUY ALBUM